Cricket World Cup 2011 Final

1975 to 2011, many ups and downs, perhaps more of ups than downs- the cricket world cup has had a very long and fruitful journey. From West Indian domination to Australian monopoly, it’s been quite an intriguing journey. And somewhere along the route there was that surprising Indian moment of glory too.

I have been at some point of time in my life a great fan- rather a religious follower of the game. But I was and am not anymore. And surprisingly I feel quite happy about the fact.

ICC Cricket World Cup 2011: The Question

With the upcoming ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 being celebrated in the subcontinent I was anticipating the people to go crazy like it used to happen in the past. But as I started focusing on my surroundings the one question that kept agitating my mind was- who are the people who are asking what apparently must be the most pertinent of questions- who’s going to win the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011?

ICC Cricket World Cup 2011: The Search

Do you have the answer? I started with my family and well that was not an ideal start since they have never been too keen about cricket, any sport for that matter. So I shifted to my friends and they are also not too excited about the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 except they want India to win. But I guess we all Indian always want India to win irrespective of the field, sport, match, tournament, i.e. any thing under the sun.

So I started noticing my colleagues and they are a clueless lot themselves. I don’t know its work pressure or lack of interest in cricket but they for sure are not asking who’s going to win ICC Cricket World Cup 2011.

ICC Cricket World Cup 2011: The Inference

But it’s ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 for heaven’s sake and someone must be asking this question. And that someone turned out to be media- print, TV, online, radio, etc. – no differentiations here. They must be credited for trying to create the buzz and so far they have done a good job- i.e. they have given unimaginably extra prime time slot to the about-to-begin-extravaganza.

ICC Cricket World Cup 2011: The Result

But that’s all about it. Even the die hard fans of cricket that I know of are not loosing any sleep and are not likely to in next many weeks, over what is being touted as Team India’s gift to Sachin – of course that’s only if they manage to win the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 trophy.